Christmas may have come and gone but it’s quite apparent that product recalls for seasonal lights are far from over! Read on to see what else has been recalled recently:
1. In Canada – Canadian Tire Corporation, Ltd. recalls various “Holiday Collection” Seasonal Lights
Reason for recall: Fire hazard, electrical hazard – no surprise there. Click here for more details.
2. In Canada – Expanded Recall: Dollarama recalls Christmas 20 LED Light Sets
Reason for recall: fire hazard. Yep. Click here for more details
3. In Canada – Wal-Mart Canada Corp. recalls the George Baby 8 Piece Set
Reason for recall: flammability requirements not met. Click here for more details.
4. In the U.S. – Urgent: Drug Recall – Weight Loss Dietary Supplements
Reason for recall: Undeclared Sibutramine and Phenolphthalein Click here for more details
5. In Canada and the United States: Victorian Trading Company recalls John Snowball, Esq. Tealight Holder
Reason for recall: fire hazard and not just because it’s a tealight holder but because the design itself is possibly flawed which could lead to a fire hazard. Click here for more details
6. In Canada: NexScene LED String Fairy Lights sold across Canada
Reason for recall: fire hazard Click here for more details
7. In Canada: Recall Re-Announcement: Bauer Hockey Corp. recalls Goal Masks and Cages
Reason for recall: physical hazard. Click here for more details.
TIME FOR SOME HOLIDAY HOMEWORK!
1. What does ‘natural’ mean to you?
If you live in the United States, now is the time to give your input on the term ‘natural’ and how it relates to how your food is labelled. Any informed consumer will have read, at one point or another, the word ‘natural’ on an ingredient label. I’ve always wondered what it referred to and how natural could ‘natural’ be? After all, if it was that ‘natural’, you would have just listed it directly on the ingredient list, right? Well, if you haven’t yet done so, now’s the time to leave your input. The FDA has extended your opportunity to comment on this very term until May 10, 2016.
Find more details on the FDA’s Constituent Updates page by clicking on the link below:
2. Do you know about hand held laser pointers?
Laser pointers…lasers…I know those. Some toys have them but I’ve also seen the actual hand held laser pointers like the ones profs used to use when I was studying in university. Question is: are you aware of the potential dangers behind those very same hand held laser pointers?
Best to read up about them now given that many children (and adults) have just received loads of gifts and treats!
DO YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A PRODUCT?
Health Canada – how to report a consumer product. If you experience an incident with a consumer product, you need to know how to report it. Click here to read more.
In the United States, if you have a complaint about a particular medicine, medical device, or food product, contact the FDA. Click here to read more.
Stay tuned to ThingsThatWeDo.com. We’ll continue to keep you all posted of product recalls and safety tips!
Let others know about these recalls: Tweet it!
Copyright© 2015 ThingsThatWeDo.com. All Rights Reserved.