Copyright© 2014 ThingsThatWeDo.com. All Rights Reserved.
Recalls, recalls. What do we have this time? Well, let’s see. There are lawn mowers that pose fire hazards, some kind of gadget that can cause vehicle engines to shut down, water sports helmets that won’t stay on your head, and more. Man…the one good thing – a freebie!
1. In the United States and Canada: Country Clipper riding lawn mowers
Reason for recall: before reading this recall, I would have never connected a lawn mower to a potential fire hazard. Gosh…one reason why it’s best just to get a lawn mower you push wiht your capable hands. Click here to read more.
2. In the United States: FREEBIE! Free Mammography Resources for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Hey, this doesn’t come by often! Learn more, discover more, and share with those you care about. There is a wealth of knowledge from the FDA and it’s just one click away. Click to get free publications.
3. In the United States: Worth a good read – want to find out which organizations had color additive violations during the last 10 years and got issued warning letters? I sure did so I clicked and read. Now, I didn’t recognize many of the companies but it sure is a handy link to have around because you never know…
Click here for details.
4. In Canada: NRS recalls water sports helmets
Reason for Recall: The helmet has a chin strap held in place by rivets which are somehow faulty. Now, I’m no genius but one thing is for sure, a helmet with a temperamental chin strap is not going to keep anyone protected which is no surprise then that this recall carries the risk of a head injury.
Click here for details.
5. In Canada: Directed LLC recalls Directed Remote Start Systems and interface modules
Reason for updated Recall: Cars are not my forte but this is a very dangerous recall involving over 800,000 units. However this thing works and is defective, the danger is this – the vehicle’s engine could shut down…uh, do you mean, as in shut down when I don’t expect???!!! Translate that into over 800,000 units sold and I’m ready to pull my hair out. Click here for details.
DO YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A PRODUCT?
Health Canada – how you can report a consumer product. If you experience an incident with a consumer product, you need to know how to report it. Click here to read more.
In the United States, if you have a complaint about a particular medicine, medical device, or food product, contact the FDA. Click here to read more.
Stay tuned to ThingsThatWeDo.com. We’ll continue to keep you all posted of product recalls and safety tips!
Let others know about these recalls: it!