Copyright© 2014 ThingsThatWeDo.com. All Rights Reserved.
Let’s see…what recalls do we have to deal with today? Most importantly though for our Canadian readers, be aware that there is a recall for the Sweet 2 Eat brand fresh, whole Peaches, Plums, Nectarines and Pluots. LISTERIA!!! Take note!
**Just updated**: In Canada: Sweet 2 Eat brand fresh, whole Peaches, Plums, Nectarines and Pluots Reason for recall: LISTERIA Click here to read more.
1. In Canada: Canadian Tire recalls Cuisinart Electric Smoker Reason for recall: this is a precautionary recall. I don’t really get how these electric smokers work but the worry is that there might be gas build up which may force the door on the smoker to open while its still in use. Click here to read more.
2. In Canada: Home Hardware recalls GetPower Portable USB Home Charger Reason for Warning: the identified product basically hasn’t been tested properly to be compliant with Canadian Standards. Translation: get rid of it. With over 10,000 units sold, this is not a good thing! Click here to read more. http://www.thingsthatwedo.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=13718&action=edit#edit_timestamp
3. In Canada: Footwear Imports recalls Phoenix brand safety footwear Reason for Recall: It says it complies with Electrical Shock Resistance but it actualy hasn’t been certified as such. Tsk tsk…poor labelling? Sure, it’s not a big deal if you’re just wearing these boots for a casual work but if you bought them with the hope that you’re protected and that could spell trouble. Click to read more.
4. Joint Recall in Canada and United States: 2014 MY GT Fury Team and Expert Bicycles Reason for Recall: the wheel hubs can break which can lead to some pretty serious falls if not worse. I don’t know anything about how bikes work but having parts break unexpectedly poses a crazy hazard. Click to read more.
5. Joint Recall in Canada and United States: Bollinger Fitness recalls Resistance Bands Reason for Recall: based on what I can tell, the recalled item essentially can malfunction and end up hitting you the user in the face or some other body part. It’s the kind of stuff comedies are made of but would seriously hurt in real life. Click to read more.
6. Expanded Recall in Canada: Bollinger Ameco Paradisio recalls polo pyjamas Reason for Recall: these PJs do not meet flammability requirements. Click to read more.
Homework reminder: if you live in Canada and you haven’t provided feedback about upcoming changes to the nutrition information on food labels, you’d better do so! Online public consultations are from July 14, 2014 to September 11, 2014 so take some time and fill it out! Click here for details.
DO YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A PRODUCT?
Health Canada – how you can report a consumer product. If you experience an incident with a consumer product, you need to know how to report it. Click here to read more.
Stay tuned to ThingsThatWeDo.com. We’ll continue to keep you all posted of product recalls and safety tips!
Let others know about these recalls: it!